Monday, July 8, 2013

Last month our little man had a birthday

Another year has passed for this boy and he has now reached the ripe old age of "7". Much to his chagrin it was a low key kind of birthday with just family around to help him celebrate. Nevertheless, I still think it was a success.
He requested chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and chocolate ice cream. Definitely my kind of boy. Since Grandma had included all kinds of Avengers party paraphernalia in her birthday party box, I decided to make his cake an homage to Captain America and covered it with red, white, and blue star sprinkles. The birthday boy was quite pleased.
A birthday isn't complete without cards and presents. He was showered with both, but for his birthday this year, all Tiger really wanted was a bow and arrow.
What my boy asks for, he gets. At least at this point in his young life. When he opened his present he was shocked and thrilled which is always a good reaction to a birthday present.
Happy, happy, happy.
Doug wasted no time at all in getting the boy out to practice his shots.
They set up a target and had their first lesson. Of course safety was heavily emphasized.
My boy is now one step closer to becoming a hunter. Look out future deer.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday boy. I can't believe he's 7, that's crazy. Miles is so jealous of that bow and arrow!! We need Tiger to come shoot at the deer that are constantly in our yard... They eat my flowers and it makes me mad... Please send him this way :)