Sunday, December 22, 2013

5 Things

I am feeling very whiny today. I'm not ready for Christmas, my house needs to be cleaned, I've been eating junk for days and so I don't feel the best, and I am having issues with my thumb. You don't realize how much you use your thumb until it hurts to use it. Plus, It's my right thumb. The one with which I do everything. So, since I am feeling so whiny I have challenged myself to think of 5 things for which I am thankful. Here it goes.

1. Granite counter top. Cooking, and especially making bread, on a granite counter top is heavenly. I can never go back to any other material.  Tis the season for baking you know.

2. The winter solstice has passed. That means the days are going to slowly get longer and that one day my sunshine will return.

3. Tiger has been in a good mood all day. He woke up so cheery and didn't fight at all when it was time to go to church. He was also so proud of himself after church and told me that he focused so good in Primary. Sweet boy.

4. The weather today was delightfully warm and I was able to throw all of the kids outside to play. They kept trying to come back in, but I wouldn't let them because this is the last warm day we are going to have for quite awhile and they needed to get their energy out.

5. A husband who is home from work all this week. I love it when he is home.