Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter

Winter is getting to me. Actually, it has probably been getting to me for awhile now, I just haven't been willing to admit it. That is my excuse for not blogging much these days. I haven't been feeling jovial, or funny, or like sharing anything positive and I really try not to whine or complain too much publicly. That special forum is a treat reserved for my love. He is one lucky guy. Anyway my head is a jumble of crazy these days which is super fun, but it chases away the desire to blog. However, I will push that aside and share a few pictures from life the last little while.

We try to spend Friday nights as a family doing something fun or just staying home and watching a movie. A couple of weeks ago Tiger requested that we go to Cabelas for our "party Friday night". We love to meander through Cabelas. The boys dream of camping and fishing and hunting and the girl and I pretend that we care as much as they do. Plus, we like to look at all of the dead stuffed animals.

Trying on sunglasses and giving me his "cool" look.
 Sheriff Tiger and his trusty dog.
 Two boys warming themselves by the fire after braving the sub-zero temperatures in the parking lot.
 We have had a lot of snow this winter, but sadly none of it has been any good for making snowmen or snowballs. However, as the snow melted Tiger discovered that it had finally become wet enough to stick together to make a snowman. As he put in the snowman's left arm he said, "That is the best arm I could have ever found." His winter is now complete.
 I have been trying to find ways to keep myself busy, or more accurately I have been trying to be less lazy as I hole up in my house this winter. So, I have started crocheting hats again. They're easy and fast and I can pound them out while I am sitting around and watching TV. As I was walking through the store the other day I came across this yarn and it screamed "Woo" at me. I knew that my girl needed a hat made from this yarn because these colors represent her personality perfectly. My favorite is that she requested a pom-pom for the top of the hat. She is seriously so fun.

1 comment:

shawn dehner said...

She is indeed fun and you are a good little mom. This winter has been horrid! Wish you had parents who had a Florida home!!!