Monday, June 24, 2013

Mini Grandpa

This is my boy. Around these here blog parts we call him Sparky. Sparky last week for Boy Scout Camp, but before he left I took this picture of him. I took it because he was so happy and excited for camp and all of the things that he would be doing there. I'm sure it's not because he was going to get a break from me for a bit. After he left I immediately posted this picture to Instagram and as soon as I opened the picture up I was hit with how much he looks like my dad did when he was young. It is quite freaky actually. When my dad had his 60th birthday party a slideshow of pictures was put together documenting his life and at the time people kept commenting to me on how much Sparky looks like my dad did when he was little. Sure, I saw it at the time, but for some reason this picture of my boy just really hit it home for me. I always knew he had a lot of my family in him and now it is proven. He is grandpa through and through.

1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

He totally does look like your dad. And your brother :). I still laugh about how people in our student ward (when we were in the same ward) thought he belonged to Mike. Good thing they are all good-looking men! I still can't believe he is old enough to go to scout camp...