Wednesday, January 8, 2014

For Posterity

It has been miserably, freakishly cold here for the past several days. Apparently we are experiencing something termed an "arctic vortex". All I know is that whoever sent us this weather can take it back. The lowest temperature I saw was Monday night when I went to bed and that was -12 degrees with a wind chill of -35 or so degrees. So, that meant that school was cancelled both on Monday and Tuesday. That would have been just fine if all of this hadn't piggy backed on to their winter break from school. We've had a long time here at home. This has also been a reminder for me why I will never live in Alaska. That, and the fact that there is virtually no sun during the winter. However, as I type this it is now a balmy 20 degrees, so life is looking up. Plus, two of my kids are back at school today and that in and of itself is cause for celebration. The other kid had a nasty fever last night and is recovering up in his bed, but he's easy to have around and so I don't mind so much.

The temperature Tuesday morning.

No comments: