Sunday, January 19, 2014

The sun is shining

Yesterday was frigid and cold and last night it snowed, but today the sun is out and it is blazing and bright, lighting up my world with its glorious rays. You see, we haven't seen the sun for awhile which makes today's sighting quite exhilarating. Not much has happened this past week, I have been hibernating while trying to get my headache to go away. It's not too bad today and so hopefully we are on the upswing and it is headed on out. The one thing that did happen this week is that my sweet Woo had her very first strings concert. She was adorable. Aside from "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" sounding a bit like a funeral march when played all together, it was great. Here are a few highlights:

 So excited and so very cute! She had been practicing her violin very hard and we were so excited to see her play.
 Not so excited, exacerbated by the fact that I wouldn't let him play his DS. It's time the kid learned how to sit through things without having to rely on electronic entertainment.
 Not even a visit from Grandpa, Uncle Chad, or Aunt Katie could cheer up this boy, that is until the beloved Uncle Chad undid everything I was trying to accomplish and gave Tiger his phone to play with. Although, I have to admit that Tiger was much more pleasant after that. I'll win next time.
I had to be super sneaky to get this picture. His face shows how he was really feeling, but every time I tried to get a picture of him he would smile for me. I love this kid.

Don't let the sour faces of these boys fool you, we were super excited to see our girl perform and to support her in the things she likes to do. Hopefully this is the first of many strings concerts to come.

No comments: