Sunday, August 4, 2013

Thoughts


1. This past week has been a rough one. It has been physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting. Basically, I am beat. I'm not going to go into details, but I just want to say that we learned first hand (once again) that the Lord is in charge, not us, and that faith is real and requires action on our part.

2. We have done so many fun things this past week. It has been a week of fun, fun, work, and fun.

3. School starts in 15 days. 15 days! Where did the summer go? I'm still waiting for it to get here. It has been a weird summer for sure.

4. The fact that school is starting has made me think a lot about my little man. See that picture up there? He just kills me. He starts first grade in 15 days and will be in school all day long for the first time ever. To say that I am nervous for him is an understatement. You see, he is and has always been his own special person. He is delightful and funny and creative. He loves nothing more than to pretend, play with friends, and play video games. He is seriously one of the sweetest boys around. He also suffers from anxiety, panic attacks, and some mild agoraphobia, struggles with some developmental delays, and battles a bit of ADD. Needless to say, first grade is going to come with some struggles and it makes me incredibly nervous for him. Luckily he has some fabulous teachers at school and we have recently started working with a psychologist, but I still worry.

5. Little man needs his tonsils out. I have been putting it off for a year now and dreading it with everything inside of me. But, I will pull up my big girl pants and get it done (at some point before the year ends.  :)

6. This past week we probably got about 4 months worth of work done on our house. We may actually have this baby on the market by the end of the month.

No comments: