Thursday, August 29, 2013

Today

1. My little man is home sick from school for the second day in a row. Poor little guy, although I think he's on the upswing now which is very happy for all of us.

2. With little man home sick I have been forced to stay home and get some stuff done. Mind you, I'm still not getting the things done that I really need to get done (namely painting and whatnot on the house), but I have been able to do the everyday regular things that I haven't been able to do much of lately (namely cooking and laundry).

3. I am sick and tired of thinking about, talking about, worrying about, and working on my house. Because of this I am missing moments and opportunities all around me and I don't like it. I don't know what the next chapter of our lives has in store, but I am definitely ready for it to begin.

4. I just spent a good half hour or so looking at old pictures on the computer and this has gotten me thinking. First of all, my kids are growing way too fast and it just killed me a little bit inside. Secondly, I realized how much I love looking at pictures of our everyday life. You know, piles of laundry in the background, Tupperware all over the floor, stuff like that. I think I have gotten away from that in the last few years or so because my house is usually a mess or just plain ugly and I never want that side of things to be shown if I am going to post a picture. But, by avoiding those embarrassing things I am not capturing our true life and I think that if I don't change this then I am going to regret it one day. I have never really liked this house a whole lot, but for the past (almost) 11 years it has been our home and our reality and all my kids have known. It deserves to be documented.

5. I have made the goal to take a true to life picture each day. One moment in the day that captures our regular life, piles of laundry and all. Sometimes I will post them, sometimes I won't, but the important thing is for me to take the picture so that my kids and I will remember these days and this life we live.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am right there with you!
i love your idea!