Thursday, August 22, 2013

Today

1. The kids have been back at school for 3-4 days now and I have to admit that the peaceful day times are delightful. I miss them, but I don't really miss them.

2. It turns out that I don't have a lot of motivation to get moving when there isn't anyone else in the house. There is no one to hold me accountable for the time that I waste. I am hoping that I can change this. At some point something is going to need to get done.

3. I have been having a lot of crazy/disturbing dreams lately. I think my subconscious is trying to tell me that I am stressed and that I am just ignoring it. It's true. I feel like once again we have come to a standstill on working on the house. Life gets in the way and the kids are busy, plus there's the previously mentioned fact that so far I haven't been utilizing my day times very well yet. Must keep the goal in mind.

4. Tiger did great on his first day of school. He was able to pull it together by the time he got to school. He even left his backpack on the bus and I thought for sure that that would send him over the edge again, but it didn't. He was able to run back to the bus and get it and then the rest of the day went very smooth. He came home a very happy boy. He has still had little bouts of anxiety every morning since, but nothing like the first day. It has all been very manageable. Now my only concern is whether or not he is actually eating his lunch each day. I told him today that he had to bring home whatever he didn't eat so that I could see how he is doing. We'll see if he follows through.

5. In three days my Sparky becomes an official teenager. It just kills me.

Here's the video once again of Sparky's special "crawl". I could watch it for hours.

1 comment:

Lori said...

thank you for re-posting the video! We love it!